Love is a luxury for me. It looks nice and feels wonderful, but I never feel like I can truly afford it.
(a follow up to Text to Vent)
Last week Tuesday I left the gym fairly devastated. Austin guided me through what seemed like a simple workout for balance:
- Aerobic Step Squat Jumps (On/Off Quick Touch)
- Kettlebell Squat Jumps (Quick Touch)
- Bosu Ball
- One leg static, the other swinging to mimic a soccer shot (15 seconds)
- Medicine ball toss back, two legs on, lift to one leg while ball is in the air, set it down as ball is caught, throw back and switch legs
- Push Ups & Plank Drags
…but that Bosu Ball made me its #1 Bitch and unfortunately my frustration with the experience followed me through the rest of the week. Despite my terrible attitude, I went back to the gym, nailed my 15 seconds of balance, developed some arm/core strength and even practiced broad jumps. They came in very handy for this week’s stability workout:
- Single Foot Bosu Balance w/opposing kettlebell
- Bosu 10 second step over, crossing behind
- Jump Rope
- Agility Ladder with resistance band
- shuffle outwide
- zig zag to corners
- wide stance broad jumps
- Ball control (6lb med ball) – in and out with alternating feet
- Calf balance with slam ball press
- Calf wall balance dominant stance with slam ball
Still falling off the Bosu ball but I have a better attitude about it and I know I’ll nail it by the weekend. Absolutely love the variety in my workouts and I’m starting to see a noticeable difference in my body now!
New Training Goal:
Fit into an unforgiving, super-tight fit Puma Arsenal jersey without feeling like I’ve never worked out a day in my life.
This morning I cried before breakfast. Not sure if that’s good or bad, but it happened over a sinkful of dirty dishes.
Now before you write me off as overly emotional, understand that there’s a strange power struggle going on between me and my housemate. We both have strong work ethics and want to contribute. Being a single parent since forever, I do everything myself and don’t like to accept help. Being new to the household, my housemate wants to help and isn’t used to people who don’t like to accept help. This morning I found a note asking me to leave the dirty dishes, but I really wanted to do them, so I did. But this made my housemate unhappy, then I felt sad that I took away a chance to help, and I sniffled my way through doing the dishes.
So ok, maybe I was a little overly emotional, but hey, at least I got it out of my system. The dishes are sparkly clean. I’m still trying to figure this whole thing out. #notagreatcohabitator